Monday, November 06, 2006

Everyone Agrees

We are often approached by conservative (sic) friends, who say "Swill, how can I vote against my party, my President, my dreams, my hopes, my fears, my family. I'm a conservative, after all, not only in terms of my registration, but in terms of my identity."

Here's one for you, kids, from that liberal rag-sheet The American Conservative (a publication with which we have our -- ahem -- issues, but which is reliably to the left of the New Republic about 75% of the time).

Go ahead and read it. Yes, it turns out that even Conservatives (sic) agree: the GOP is a sickness, and it's the duty of every Conservative to vote against them on Tuesday.

Enough already.

1 Comments:

Blogger squeezychortle said...

Ever since the regicide, I've felt the republicans, whose ragtag mob clamor for blood in the streets, are a threat not only to the framework of government on the continent, but to the stability of humanity and its oversoul. As the tumbrils clamber through the blood-soaked mud, carving ruts in the psyche as well as the streets, only the stoic can hold back tears.

Fuck them, I say. Fuck them and do other things to them that will make them sad. They are, in the words of Cato, "the kind of monkeys one wants to see roasting on a spit."

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home